Telangana accounts for 3.5% of India’s total geographical area and 2.9% of population and ranks 12th both in geographical area and population among Indian States. The State is newly formed 29th State in India and blessed with rich livestock resources especially cattle and Sheep population accounting to 5.52% of country’s population. Rural population in the State is predominantly agricultural with more than 2/3 of its workforce being engaged directly in the agriculture sector.
About 29 lakh families in Telangana State are engaged in livestock sector for their livelihood. The value of livestock produce is estimated to be Rs. 12403 crores at current prices and the livestock sector contributes 4.86% to GSDP (2010-11 Third Revised Estimates).
- Director of Animal Husbandry
- Commissioner of Fisheries
- Telangana State Fishermen Co-operative Societies Federation
- Telangana State Sheep & Goat Development Co-operative Societies Federation
- Telangana State Dairy Development Co-operative Federation Ltd
- Sheep Distribution – https://tweb.telangana.gov.in/sheep-distribution/