The main objective of the Department of Electrical Inspectorate is to implement Safety provisions under the Electricity Act-2003 and Central Electricity Authority Regulations, 2010 to ensure Safety by minimizing the danger to human beings, animal life and damage to the property and equipment.
Functions of the organization:
The Electrical Inspectorate organization is responsible for enforcement of the provisions of
- The Electricity Act, 2003.
- Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to safety and electric Supply) Regulations, 2010.
- A.P.Cinemas (Regulations) Act, 1955 (Telangana Adaptation)
- A.P.Cinemas (Regulations), Rules, 1970 (Telangana Adaptation)
- A.P.Electricity Duty Act, 1939 and Rules made there under (Telangana Adaptation)
- Telangana Electrical Licensing Regulations, 2018
- Design Approval for Electrical Installation
- Pre Scrutiny of Design Approval shall be completed within 3 working days from date of submission of Approval for Electrical Design
- Approval of Design shall be issued within 14 working days from date of completion of pre scrutiny.
- Installation Certificate for Electrical Installation
- Pre Scrutiny of Application submitted towards Electrical Installation Certificate shall be completed within 1 working day from date of submission of Application
- Inspection of the Installation shall be conducted by the officer within 3 working days from date of completion of pre scrutiny
- Form of Order shall be issued within 1 working day of after inspection.
- Electrical Installation Certificate shall be issued within 1 working day after submission of satisfactory compliance Report.