The ITE&C Department plays a crucial role in policy formulation in IT sector, conceptualizing and initiating various e-governance initiatives, stipulating standards for compliance, promoting investments in IT sector, facilitating growth of IT enabled services through proactive measures and providing a strong communication backbone in the State.
The Department has one HOD i.e. Commissioner/Director, Electronic Services Delivery (ESD) - (Mee Seva), one Public Sector Undertaking i.e., TSTS Ltd., and two registered societies i.e., Society for Telangana Network (SOFTNET) and Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) and two companies i.e., Photonics Valley Corporation (PVC) and T-Hub Foundation(T-HUB).
The main objective is to make available the benefits of IT to all citizens of Telangana State and to promote the growth of IT in all fields. The Telangana Government is taking various measures to facilitate the establishment of IT & ITES units in the State so as to contribute to the economic development through rapid growth of IT exports, IT Investments and create employment opportunities.
Activities Of The ITE&C Department
- IT Policy formulation
- IT Promotion including IT road shows, Exhibitions like GITEX and Conferences like NASSCOM, CII, etc
- Incentives to IT Companies including Hardware, Communications and ITES.
- Electronic & Hardware Manufacturing Policy
- Promoting Animation & Gaming Sectors
- IT Promotion in Tier – II & III Hubs
- Providing Internal Infrastructure to way forward ITIR, Hyderabad
- IT Special Purpose SEZs
- Rural Service Delivery Points and e-literacy
- Designing and enforcement of IT Architecture
- T-NET Ku-Band project
- e-Governance projects like FMS and GOIR
- CIO’s Training for other department officers
- Infrastructure projects viz., TSWAN, Video conferencing equipment, TSCAN, State Data Centre etc.
- Evolution of Standards
- Telangana State Portal
- Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge.
- T-Hub foundation
- State Wide Area Network
- Video conferencing facilities at all Mandal head quarters
- Image Policy
- Electronics Policy
- Rural Technology Centre Policy
- Innovation Policy
- Image Incubation Centre
- Society for Telangana Network
- Digital Call Centre
- Citizen 360
- Mee Seva 2.0
- T-App Folio
- Digital Telangana – http://it.telangana.gov.in/sectors/digital-telangana/
- T-Hub – https://it.telangana.gov.in/sectors/t-hub/
- TASK – https://it.telangana.gov.in/sectors/task/
- e-Governance – http://it.telangana.gov.in/e-governance/
- T-Fiber – http://it.telangana.gov.in/telangana-fiber-grid-t-fiber/
- T- Works – http://it.telangana.gov.in/sectors/t-works/
- WE Hub – https://it.telangana.gov.in/sectors/wehub/
- T Wallet – https://tweb.telangana.gov.in/services/t-wallet/
- Wallet To Bank Transfer (IMPS)
- Meeseva – https://tweb.telangana.gov.in/services/meeseva-services