The Telangana Government aims to make Hyderabad the hub of Electronic System Design Manufacturing (ESDM). Government of Telangana is pursuing to attract investments into the two ESDM clusters at e-City Manufacturing Cluster and Maheshwaram Science Park. The former is envisaged in an extent of 602 acres, and the latter is of 310 acres. Government of Telangana has identified some of the critical factors for building a cohesive Electronics manufacturing cluster. These critical factors are:
- Market potential
- Industry capabilities
- World class skills
- Regulatory environment
- Infrastructure and logistics
- Strategic need
Based on the above factors, the state government attempts to provide strategic impetus into the electronic hardware and design industry. This in turn is expected to reinvent the business propositions and incentivize the sector so that the Industry can penetrate the global markets not only on value and cost factors, but also on customization.Key Government Initiatives to support ESDM sector:Convert existing clusters such as FAB City and Aeronautical SEZ into Centers of excellence, giving fresh impetus on Infrastructure
- Create 4 Hubs covering NEWS (North, East, West, and South) in and around ORR, Hyderabad consisting of 300 Acres of Multi product Electronic SEZ’s and another 200 acres for the supporting Electronic Industry.
- Create a joint Government-Industry committee to market India and attract investment in India.
- Incentivizing investments in Telangana by creating a model where the subsidy or rebate given to an Electronic Hardware industry is determined on the basis of the value addition and volumes.
- R&D will be the key focus areas for Telangana. Intellectual Property (IP) creation by local units will be given prime importance.
- Common facilitation Centre/Incubation Centre/Cluster should be established with full-fledged testing facilities to meet the global quality parameters such as EMC, Safety Testing, RF, Microwave Testing, Environmental Testing, and Endurance Testing & Other Functional Testing. This should be closer to the Electronic Hardware Industries Cluster.
- Creating Hardware Manufacturing Clusters in both SEZ and non-SEZ(domestic) areas in tune with the Policy Guidelines of Electronic Hardware Promotion program of Ministry of Communications & information Technology, Govt of India
- Create a fund under the management of a working committee comprising representatives of industry bodies and government, with an equal stake to promote design, manufacturing, assembling, and Innovation and packaging business.
- Organizing exhibitions, conferences and taking Electronic Hardware companies located in the state as part of trade delegations to domestic, national and international exhibitions.
- Single Window System for necessary permissions and clearances. Concerned Industry association inputs/suggestions/approval/ recommendation may be obtained for necessary clearances.
- Recognizing the importance of involving Industry Stake Holders, President, and ELIAP has been included as a member of Consultative Committee on IT Industry (CCITI) which is an industry Government body for administration of incentives and providing comfort and facilitation for Electronics Hardware Sector.