Entrepreneur applies for Design approval for Electrical Installation on departmental web portal before erection of their electrical equipment. Concerned officer of the department verifies the drawings as per standards and raise queries if any defects in drawings. In case of defects, consumer has to rectify the drawings and submit the revised drawings on departmental web portal. If concerned officer satisfies with drawings, officer issues Design Approval, otherwise it is rejected.
Process flow of Design Approval
- “Consumer” submit application online and upload relevant electrical drawings
- System capture type of installation, installation details like place, transformer rating etc. and file will be allotted to concerned officer
- System generates unique number(Docket Number) for each application
- EI Department officers scrutinize the Electrical drawings as per Electricity Acts, Rules and Regulations
- Officers will raise queries if there are any discrepancies.
- Consumer responds to the query and reply.
- The System generates “Approval Letter with inspection fee details and comments” for drawings approved.
- The “Consumer” can track the application status and can download “Approval Letter”